New proposal from DCC
Devon County Council (DCC) are now proposing to introduce a payment system for on street parking throughout the year. (and not just in the summer months between 1st May to the 30th September as previously stated)
They are proposing to introduce this to the:
- North Embankment (stretch of road from the Higher Ferry down to Platform 1),
- Bottom of College Way (stretch of road outside the Ship in Dock)
- Mayors Avenue (stretch of road opposite Marks & Spencers)
- the car park and the road next to the Flavel Church
- Mayors Avenue and The Quay (stretch of road behind Mayors Avenue Carpark and Royal Avenue Gardens)
- The Quay (stretch of road outside The Royal Castle)
- Spithead (stretch of road next to the Boatfloat)
DCC are proposing that all of these locatiosn will be via a payment system and they have suggested the first hour will be free (via a free ticket) and the second hour will be £3.30, and for a maxium of 2 hours in total.
A jpg map of these locations is on the left hand side.
We may well be producing another survey to gather the residents, businesses and visitors views on this new proposal, and will be publicising that on our website and social media channels.
Dartmouth Town Council have written to Cllr Stuart Hughes (Cabinet member for Highway Management) to express Dartmouth Town Council’s concerns regarding the lack of evidence of how this will benefit the town. [please see the letter here].
Dartmouth Town Council have also joined forces with six of the eight identified towns and have put their name to a joint letter to Cllr Stuart Hughes [please see the letter here].
Devon County Council (DCC) have said that their intention is to now progress schemes to Advert where the full views of businesses and residents can be considered through the democratic process before decisions to implement or modify any scheme is taken.